Why do surfers always have the best style? And perhaps no female rider rocks this rule better than Australia’s Stephanie Gilmore—the epitome of cool in water and on land. The six-time world surfing champion has been pushing boundaries in the waves since her pro debut in 2007, and after winning the Roxy Pro Gold Coast this month, Gilmore, now ranked world No. 1, hopes to continue her streak this week at the Drug Aware Margaret River Pro in Western Australia.
Even her competitors are in awe of the 29-year-old’s athletic dominance.
“Stephanie Gilmore is the kind of surfer you never want to take your eyes off of,” American surfer Kelia Moniz told Roxy. “Her style is untouchable, unmatchable, and I don’t know if any female will ever be able to surf the way she surfs.”
While surfers and super fans alike admire her style on board, Gilmore’s style off the break is just as badass. Want to get the Gilmore look? Here are five of the surfer’s favorite pieces of athletic gear that anyone can wear.
[More from Excelle Sports: The six best sports bras that pro athletes really wear]
1. While waiting for the surf, Gilmore likes to sport this Roxy Bomber Jacket ($99.50), featuring patches and vintage decoration. With front-zip pockets and novelty striped rib knit at the neck, hem and cuff, this bomber will make waves all on its own.
2. Gilmore’s Roxy Courrèges Bikini ($37.99) has enough modern style for one endless summer, with classic geometric lines and bright orange trim. And with low-rise bottoms, the Courrèges Bikini is just as functional for athletic fun as it is flattering and functional.
3. Gilmore is always the one to watch at any major championship. The next time your beachside, keep an eye out for her lucky number 88 with this signature Surf Jersey ($59.99). Made from moisture-wicking, antimicrobial fabric, Gilmore’s jersey is great for a beach-side run, trip to the gym or simply looking good while wearing around town.
4. Gilmore wears her Roxy Lhassa Sports Bra ($39.50) just like she moves in the water: with comfort, style and ease. The soft mesh lining is ideal for running and yoga while sturdy adjustable straps make sure the fit is just what you want.
5. The water isn’t the only place Gilmore trains. When she’s on dry land, she likes to wear her Roxy Women’s Relay Capri Pants ($46.47), which feature a fold-over waistband, flexible fabric and fun pattern so you stay comfortable and fashionable in the gym or on the trails.
View the entire Stephanie Gilmore collection here.