Blisters can get in the way of any sport, but sock development has progressed so far that there are multiple technologies built into socks to prevent blistering. From fit to layers to seamless to new-fangled tabs, socks now reduce friction and allow you to run, race, and play for as long as you want without worrying about the blister burn. Here, Excelle Sports looks at the six best anti-blister socks.
1. Bombas Women’s Golf Sock ($68.40): Everything you need in a golf sock, from a blister tab to arch support and high-quality, moisture-wicking cotton. These socks, which come in a pack of six, stay cool in the summer and under pressure, even if things go a little sideways on the 14th.
2. Wrightsock Stride Quarter Socks ($8.73): Wrightsock’s Stride Quarter Socks are great for any sport. The double layer anti-blister system reduces friction eliminating blisters. The Stride is a crossbreed as a functional light weight wool sock with a padded reinforced footbed for durability.
3. Injinji RUN 2.0 Midweight Mini-Crew Socks ($14.00): Injinji toe socks isolate each toe to eliminate all friction and provide ongoing blister protection while also promoting proper toe alignment and better balance. These socks also have a padded heel and metatarsal support to ensure even more comfort and support for even the longest runs.
4. Darn Tough True Seamless No-Show Tab Ultra-Light Running Socks ($14.95): Darn Tough True Seamless No-Show Tab Ultra-Light Running Socks for women are like running in bare feet but without the blisters and the exposure. Perfect to race or train in they pair well with minimalist shoes as well as more padded running shoes. The merino wool blend keeps feet and toes dry and cool. These socks with True Seamless technology also eliminate blister-burning seams.
5. Balega Blister Resist No Show Socks ($13.00): Balega Blister Resist No Show Socks for women combine Drynamix with mohair to create the ultimate blister barrier for your feet. The combination keeps moisture away from your feet while regulating temperature, creating an air-conditioning-like feeling for your feet. The heel tab keeps them from slipping down eliminating another blister risk. Women love the extra cushioning.
6. Bombas Women’s Running Eight-Pack ($86.40): Bombas women’s running socks ankle socks are high performance in a small package. Made from Peruvian pima cotton that wicks moisture, they keep your feet comfortable no matter the weather. An ingenious blister tab at the heel keeps them on, white the cushioned footbed and Honeycomb Arch Support System work with your feet to provide true support during your run. And for each pair you buy they donate a pair to someone in need.
[More from Excelle Sports: The six best sports bras that pro athletes really wear]
For more athletic products that pro athletes really wear, click here.