Make a difference on Earth Day this Saturday by helping support environmentally friendly athletic brands that continue to make our planet a healthier place. Ditch your plastic water bottle for a stainless-steel, BPA-free one or run in the rain in a silky-soft waterproof jacket made from recycled polyester. Stay safe in an organic cotton ball cap and look eco-friendly and fashionable at your next yoga class in a bodysuit made from sustainable fabrics. View the entire collection here.
1.Stelari Luminate Yoga Tank Top ($58.00) This Stelari Luminate Yoga Tank Top is made from 80 percent recycled polyester and 20 percent spandex. Stelari uses polyester woven from recycled water bottles, which helps to reduce the amount of plastic waste in landfills. The process compresses the bottles, then spins them into polyester threads to make a soft fabric. This vibrant and versatile tank is moisture-wicking and made for easy movement.
2. Patagonia Logo Stretch Fit Hat ($35.00) Patagonia has always been a pioneer in eco-friendly sports gear, using organic cotton in its all products—this hat included—since 1996. Why go organic? Conventional cotton is full of pesticides and fertilizers—not exactly stuff you probably want be wearing on your head. This classic stretch-fit hat also features a soft, brushed-elastic headband.
3. S’well Teakwood Water Bottle ($39.99) S’well is on a mission to rid the world of plastic water bottles, which not only take over 1,000 years to biodegrade but also include chemicals shown to be harmful to human health. This functional teakwood water bottle is made from stainless steel so it’s plastic- and BPA-free. Bonus: Its triple-walled technology helps keep drinks hot or cold for up to 12 hours.
[More from Excelle Sports: View the Skin Essentials: Your Hydration Station]
4. Rumi X Myth Blue Leggings ($78.00) Celebrate spring with these Rumi X Myth Blue Leggings and their fun, floral-inspired geometric print. The lightweight, slim-fitting pants are made from moisture-wicking recycled polyester and spandex so you can work out in comfort with ultra stretch. There’s even a hidden inner pocket to stash a key or card while in the gym, at a Pilates class or out for run.
5. Nau Slight Jacket ($154.95) Stay dry and eco-friendly in this 100 percent waterproof Nau Slight Jacket, made from recycled polyester—the most sustainable fiber in weather-resistant outerwear. The lightweight top has two front-zip and one back-zip pocket, with a soft, washed-silk texture. Better still, Nau gives 2 percent of every sale to non-profit organizations that help create positive change for the environment, global economy and people in need.
6. Miakoda Ruched Bodysuit ($68.00) This Ruched Bodysuit from Miakoda is made from sustainable soy, organic cotton and spandex jersey, giving you the flexibility you need for yoga, dance classes and other fluid workouts. The suit also has ruched front detailing for a more sophisticated style and an easy snap closure so you never have to take it all off just for a trip to the bathroom.
View the entire eco-friendly earth day sports gear here.